I know that Bacterial Vaginosis is something that is very common but since I have not experienced it, I was really not sure what exactly it is, but I do know that so many women have told me V-Blissful has helped them immensely.
So, I did a little research on my own to learn a little about it.
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is a condition caused by changes in the amount of certain types of bacteria in your vagina. BV is common, and any woman can get it. BV is easily treatable with medicine from your doctor or nurse. If left untreated, it can raise your risk for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and cause problems during pregnancy
BV is the most common vaginal condition in women ages 15 to 44. But women of any age can get it, even if they have never had sex.
You may be more at risk for BV if you:
- Have a new sex partner
- Have multiple sex partners
- Do not use condoms or dental dams
- Are pregnant. BV is common during pregnancy. About 1 in 4 pregnant women get BV. The risk for BV is higher for pregnant women because of the hormonal changes that happen during pregnancy.
- Are African-American. BV is twice as common in African-American women as in white women.
- Have an intrauterine device (IUD), especially if you also have irregular bleeding
What is the difference between BV and Vaginal Yeast Infections? Both are common causes of vaginal discharge. They have similar symptoms, so it can be hard to know if you have BV or a yeast infection. Only your doctor or nurse can tell you for sure if you have BV.
With BV, your discharge may be white or gray but may also have a fishy smell. Discharge from a yeast infection may also be white or gray but may look like cottage cheese.
- In any event, you should always consult a physician if you are experiencing any of these symptoms and before you use V-Blissful products to help with these conditions.
- There is so much to learn about women's health and wellness and we have all-natural products that help keep us (women) balanced, it helps when we are proactive!